- SSDN Extends Deadline for Round 2 Peer Learning Charrette Applications: SSDN has decided to extend the deadline for Round 2 Peer Learning Charrette applications from October 31st to November 30th. This extension will give members more time to think through potential project opportunities suited for the Peer Learning Charrette Grant. The updated RFP can be found here. To learn more about this SSDN grant offered to our members, please visit the SSDN website.
- SSDN Awards Two Peer Learning Charrettes Addressing Employee Engagement and Working with the Tennessee Valley Authority: SSDN launched a new collaborative grant program in the summer of 2019 with support from The Kresge Foundation to fund intimate peer “Charrettes” with local governments from within the Southeast. In Round One, SSDN is excited to announce the following awards:The City of Boca Raton for a peer learning opportunity hosted by the City of Fort Lauderdale to learn about employee engagement around sustainability efforts with Leon County, Miami Beach, Oldsmar, Nashville, and Satellite Beach.The City of Knoxville for a collaborative exchange focused on sustainable energy and equity across the Tennessee Valley with TVA, Local Power Companies, Chattanooga, Clarksville, Huntsville, Memphis and Nashville.Round Two’s RFP is open until November 30. Find the RFP (link here)
- Seeking Volunteers for the SSDN Membership Committee: We would like to invite interested SSDN members to sign up to join a new SSDN Membership Committee that will focus on new and existing member outreach, including future SSDN member annual dues, member engagement and new community member onboarding strategies. This committee will be active from November 2019- March 2020. Please email Network Director, Meg Jamison no later than October 10th, 2019 if you are interested in participating or have any questions.
- U.S Green Building Council Webinar: Leadership in Planning, October 9
- North Carolina Sustainable Energy Associations Powering our Future Gala: October 10th, Hillsborough, NC
- 2019 SEEA Conference: October 21-23, Atlanta, GA
- Imagine a Day Without Water: October 23rd
- Partnership for Southern Equity — Just Health Summit: October 25-26, 2019, Atlanta, GA
- Georgia Climate Conference: November 7-8, Atlanta, GA
- Greenbuild 2019: November 19-22, Atlanta, GA (Email Vanessa King for SSDN member special promo code)
- Five Powerful Tools Cities Can Use to Fight Plastic Waste
- Job Opportunities:
Sustainability Program Manager and Sustainability Analyst: City of Tallahassee, FL
Communications and Partnership Specialist: Green Infrastructure Exchange
- Share Your Adaptation Stories with The American Society of Adaptation Professionals: In an effort to share stories from our member communities more widely, The American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP) would like to highlight Southeast adaptation stories. If you are interested in having your story featured in future ASAP newsletters, please email your story to SSDN’s Network Coordinator, Vanessa King.